Mad Maine Vintage Shop

This little blog will chronicle my ventures into selling vintage items in a local antique market.
My booth is called Mad Maine Vintage Shop - it features items inspired by a certain popular TV show,
and I am located in lovely Maine. Viva Vintage!



Monday, December 2, 2013

Did you have an Advent Calendar?

 
Did you grow up with an Advent calendar?
 
It is a very common tradition in Scandinavia, and in Norway, where I grew up, children often have one with just pictures (the boring one), one with little milk chocolates (the yummy one), and one with little presents (the favorite one).  I typically had the first two at home, and at school we had the third kind with all the presents - and every kid brought one wrapped gift for somebody else.  It is such a good school memory, probably among my favorites from elementary school.  Actually the entire December month was the best one in school, and I was always a bit sad when the actual vacation started.  The anticipation was in so many ways the best part!
 
Below are two videos that show what I did yesterday and today - sort of a vlog Advent calendar.  I am going to try to do one video every day until Christmas to show what I do during December and how I prepare for Christmas.  We have a mix of Scandinavian and American traditions in this house, so it will be a mixture of both.
 
Day 1
 
 
Day 2
 
So, did you have an Advent calendar growing up? I really would love to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment