Mad Maine Vintage Shop

This little blog will chronicle my ventures into selling vintage items in a local antique market.
My booth is called Mad Maine Vintage Shop - it features items inspired by a certain popular TV show,
and I am located in lovely Maine. Viva Vintage!



Wednesday, January 23, 2013

What I Left Behind

I have always enjoyed reading and looking at what almost made the cut to bring home among my fellow thrifters/bloggers.  So, I thought I would document some of my own.  These were the items that I briefly considered yesterday at my local Goodwill, but ultimately left behind.

 
This mushroom plaque (Made in Japan) is something I normally would have picked up, but it had a hairline crack and the wood was not in the best shape either.  Cute design though.
 
 

 
I really swayed back and forth over this small typewriter still in its case.  However, I am just not that fond of the electric kinds, and besides, it was a rather drab beige.  Also, it was above my flinch point at $10.  Had it been aqua or pink however...
 
 

 
Another typewriter!  I have mentioned in the past how I seemingly never run across typewriters in the wild, and here were two.  However, also electric, beige and $10.  This was an easier rejection.
 
 

 
How can anyone refuse a piece of a communist wall? Wait, how can anyone donate a piece of communist wall?  Perfect illustration of how a lot of people REALLY DID NOT WANT THIS WALL!
 
 
Do you sometimes document the things you leave behind at thrift stores?  I might do an occasional series of this.  It does make me feel funny snapping pictures of my rejects though.  Do you take pics at thrift stores?

8 comments:

  1. If I really like something but can't get it or won't get it because it's not the best quality i'll take a picture of it. I always feel weird taking my camera out in stores, I feel like they're going to yell at me or something, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have sometimes thought about taking pictures of things I like, but don't bring home. Just so I can be a digital hoarder, lol.

      Delete
  2. I feel silly too pulling out the camera while shopping. I've done it a couple of times at estate sales because I thought the house was neat. People gave me funny looks. LOL

    I did take shots at Goodwill once to show off their crappy Toledo store. Funny thing is this particular store closed down for about four months to remodel and it looks the same only the mess has been relocated. How funny is that?

    http://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=2182785298990202353#editor/target=post;postID=2209800672899306500

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you. I have been tempted to take photos of really crappy stuff to, send it to corporate and say "Really?!?"

      Delete
  3. The Berlin Wall- LOL ... At least you got to take some quick pics, I always get scolded by the store employees for doing that (which is demeaning at 44) :)

    PS- Thank you so much for taking part in the link up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You get scolded??? Yikes. Not sure I could handle that...

      Delete
  4. I definitely take pictures at thrift stores...and I am also guilty of using my iphone to check prices on eBay to see if I am getting a deal or not. For some reason, I feel I need to be sneaky about this while doing it in a thrift store.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? I usually pretend that I am texting somebody. We need to develop paparazzi confidence, I think :-)

      Delete