Mad Maine Vintage Shop

This little blog will chronicle my ventures into selling vintage items in a local antique market.
My booth is called Mad Maine Vintage Shop - it features items inspired by a certain popular TV show,
and I am located in lovely Maine. Viva Vintage!



Monday, September 10, 2012

First two-weeks report

I picked up my first 2-weeks sales report last week, and I got a check for $168!  Yay - my goal was to cover rent my first month, and I have doubled that - very excited to see what the next two weeks will bring.  It is quite exhilarating to look through the spreadsheet to see what sold and when.  My store does not charge commission, so the only deductions are for credit card fees and a discount to fellow dealers.  A few items in the $10-30 dollars range, and a whole bunch of $1-5 range.

I am seriously considering expanding my space already.  I have so much more stuff, and at this pace, it seems as if I might be on to something.  Then again, I might just be having beginner's luck.

My biggest sellers so far:  Deviled eggs dishes (I have sold 3), Otagiri Mugs and little colored bottles.  My Coleman cooler is still there, but I am sort of ok with that because I love it and it looks good as a prop. Also, my globe is still there - surprised it is not gone yet.  But my two model trains had left the station :-)

Here is the middle of my booth - I am getting tired of the foil paper (was there before I rented the booth), but not sure what to replace it with.  By the way, I just added that green deviled eggs dish - as I said, three of these have already sold.



Do you have one specific item that always sells?

No comments:

Post a Comment