Mad Maine Vintage Shop

This little blog will chronicle my ventures into selling vintage items in a local antique market.
My booth is called Mad Maine Vintage Shop - it features items inspired by a certain popular TV show,
and I am located in lovely Maine. Viva Vintage!



Thursday, August 23, 2012

Globes

Stopped by my shop again - it has sort of become addictive to pop in to see what is missing and to rearrange a bit, so I am purposely making sure I drive the longer route around town to do any errands I might have.

And yes, two bigger things sold - my sewing box and my vintage leather handbag.  Also, one of my deviled eggs dishes (the yellow one), the toast rack and the Snoopy glass are gone.  Yay, I think I have covered my rent for sure at this point.

This is one of things I added today - a globe atop a 1974 Guinness Book of World Records.  It made the space look nice, I think.  I come across globes pretty regularly - I am hoping they are good resellers.


Now, tomorrow I simply have to go back and add some more things since the missing sewing box left a gaping hole in my space.  And gaping holes bring in no money at all I hear.

Have you had luck selling globes?

Note:  Turns out the leather handbag was not sold after all - just picked up and moved to another booth, ugh.  Oh well, it IS a cute bag and it makes my space look just fine with it hanging there :-)

1 comment:

  1. I recently sold a globe for $40. I think globes are fabulous and I pick them up whenever I see them. Yes, I too love filling in the gaps after something has sold.

    ReplyDelete