Mad Maine Vintage Shop

This little blog will chronicle my ventures into selling vintage items in a local antique market.
My booth is called Mad Maine Vintage Shop - it features items inspired by a certain popular TV show,
and I am located in lovely Maine. Viva Vintage!



Sunday, November 18, 2012

Thanksgiving, then full charge ahead

Taylor and Ng Thanksgiving Mugs with proper use of Top Hat


Funny how having my mom in town for an extended visit meant absolutely no time for my antique booth.  It doesn't help that my lovely mom does not see the charm in having such a booth and can think of a thousand better ways to spend my time.  I love my mom, and will gladly sacrifice my booth for her, but I still feel guilty about not going by for almost 2 weeks.  When I finally did stop by, the store owners said they had been all worried about me.  Aw, the love!

I have finally sat down and priced a whole bunch of items for the coming Christmas season, and I plan to give my booth some proper loving tomorrow.  At least when I did go by my booth after such a long absence, a lot of stuff had gone missing - including my beloved red Coleman cooler.  It will be interesting to go through the official sales sheet.

Do you feel torn when visitors come to town?  

2 comments:

  1. It's tough when you have family in town, even worse when they don't totally get what you are doing. But I bet if you give your mom some time, she'll see the awesomeness that is your booth, and she will understand. Because your booth is fanfreakingtastic! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do feel torn...my Etsy shop is busiest during the holidays, of course, which is the exact time that I'd like to spend more time with family and friends. It feels like juggling sometimes! Love those mugs, BTW...

    ReplyDelete