Mad Maine Vintage Shop

This little blog will chronicle my ventures into selling vintage items in a local antique market.
My booth is called Mad Maine Vintage Shop - it features items inspired by a certain popular TV show,
and I am located in lovely Maine. Viva Vintage!



Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Monthly Sold Pics

December was a good month in terms of sales - I made the most to date and ended up with a couple of bonus Franklins after rent and cost of items.   Since this is mainly a hobby for me (I work freelance from home), it gets stashed away in a travel rainy day fund. Lots of the "expected" things sold, but also a lot of my stale "been-there-since-I-opened-my-booth" items finally disappeared.  The latter is the most exciting for me since slow turnover can become a mental annoyance issue after a while.  Here are some pictures of some of the things that sold last month.  As I have said before, pictures are a lot more fun to look at than spreadsheets!



Orange enamel dishes, starburst mini plates, Polish ceramic bowl, Maine kids book and a wood plane. How is that for a mismatched vignette...?


This very large cactus crewel picture sold, even though it was placed in a terrible spot by the floor.


Thank goodness these hideous charming pink lamp shades sold.  Will not miss them much.


Pyrex disappeared, as expected.  As well as another set of Mad Men roly polies (this is my 6th set!).


Sort of sad to see this canvas picture go.  Could easily have put that one on my own office wall.


Faux French tray finally sold. Does it qualify as shabby-chic?


These yellow footed juice glasses had been with me since the beginning.  Happy to see them go.


Did somebody finally figure out what the initials said?  Happy that it found its destined owner.


I put this in my booth with no takers for about a month.  Put it on ebay, and it sold in days for twice my booth price.  Danish design always does well online, and since it was not glass, I was ok with the shipping part.


I can't explain it.  I would not have bought these mugs.  Well, Scooby Doo is kinda cool, even a newer one.


Lots of kitchen stuff disappeared. The red pot sold earlier, but last month the other things sold.


Cool red fish paper lantern disappeared.  However, nobody plays vintage tennis during winter in Maine.



Finally!  These vintage raffia cups had been with me since the beginning.



The fisherman finally found his home.


I really liked the design of this magazine rack.  Now hopefully holding some fancy magazines.


Sold in a day.  No surprise there.  Good ol' Garfield.


Mugs with dogs always seem to sell, just have to wait for the right dog breed owner.
Update: The cards/scorecards set in the back was not sold, just misplaced.


Lots of fun kitschy stuff sold.


Scrabble and domino tiles are big sellers.  This basket was almost empty in January.


The kids did alright with their stuff too!  Also, both suitcases sold.



Vintage metal trays are good sellers.


Ah yes, all owls are gone - no surprise there.  But also the stone troll and barrel lighter that had been sitting around since the start of the booth. Yes!


And more mugs - smurfs, Garfield and Otagiri cowboy kittens.  Several more mugs sold in other parts of the booth.  Never thought I would sell so many mugs, but hey - they are fun, abundant at thrifts and take hardly any space.  And the $5 price seem just the right price point for my customers.

Do you keep picture inventories? 

No comments:

Post a Comment