Mad Maine Vintage Shop

This little blog will chronicle my ventures into selling vintage items in a local antique market.
My booth is called Mad Maine Vintage Shop - it features items inspired by a certain popular TV show,
and I am located in lovely Maine. Viva Vintage!



Thursday, February 7, 2013

Belated Thrift Haul: Typewriter and more


Not one, but two travel alarm clocks.  Tempted to keep the orange one on the right, since I have a hard time parting with anything that was made in West Germany.


Another cute Olivetti typewriter.  Not as darling as my previous aqua version, but when I took it in to my booth and thought I had to figure out how to stage two typewriters there, I suddenly did not have that problem.  My other one (which I had priced ridiculously high just so it could stay put) had sold!


Another find that I will be keeping.  A retro cake carrier from Finland.  I love everything about it.


Sometimes I pick up books only for the jacket art.  This one is fantastic.  And Kipling remains one of my favorite authors.  But I have his collected works, so this will go in the booth.  Look at those haunting eyes...buy me...


Do you sell perfumes?  The Avon one is from 1978, which is kinda cool. Maybe I could stage it all pretty on a mirror tray with a cute old-fashioned brush. I really stink at the feminine stuff...The Chanel would sell easily on ebay (I have sold the good stuff there before), but Avon stuff should do better in a booth setting.


Vintage office equipment has been selling pretty well in my booth.  Love this industrial-looking hole puncher.  Might have to keep this too.  Ok, this is getting bad.


Finally, this was too cute not to pick up for a buck.  I have sold several signs with funny wording in my booth, and not necessarily vintage.  They are great for just setting a light mood, I think.

Well, that was it for last weekend.  Most have already been staged for sale.  Any bets on what will sell first?

Linking up with A Living Space

4 comments:

  1. You guys and your typewritters. :) I would keep the orange clock too. The numbers on it are a great type. Very mid century. It's good to hear your vintage office supplies sell well. I can never part with mine to see if they would! I hoard office supplies...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that cake carrier! I'm on the hunt for one. I too just found 2 Vintage Japan travel alarm clocks- I think they are really neat and look great as display pieces. As for perfume perhaps someone will buy them for a bottle collection??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have had luck with perfume bottles! I stage them on a mirrored dresser tray usually!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great haul! My bet is on the typewriter going first, they're so hard to resist. Those perfume bottles are my second guess. Love the sign.

    ReplyDelete