Mad Maine Vintage Shop

This little blog will chronicle my ventures into selling vintage items in a local antique market.
My booth is called Mad Maine Vintage Shop - it features items inspired by a certain popular TV show,
and I am located in lovely Maine. Viva Vintage!



Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Child Labour

So, I finally took my kids to task and told them they had to start earning their keep around here.   They have a few chores already, but the pay is low and the hours long.  What else could they do?  Just kidding (but not about the chores and rather low pay). 


My little toy corner

I finally cleaned out their closets (usually happens twice a year, but this time with their help), and I told them that they could put stuff aside in two piles - one for charity and one for the antique booth, and they would get the profits for Christmas.  Wow!  Talk about incentive!  After taking several boxes of clothes, toys, books and shoes to GW, we had quite the little cute pile leftover to take to the booth.  It was almost like shopping, but from our own closet. 

We wrapped vintage-looking wood puzzle boxes in cling wrap, put Playmobile and Legos in Ziploc bags and put little price stickers on them.  We also made several bundles of classic hardcover books (Sandra Boynton, anyone?) with red string and left following note on the basket "All profit from this basket will go to a local charity".  When I put the kids' stash in the booth, I decided to display them in a couple of the vintage suitcases I have there that have not sold yet.  And the kids and I think it looks pretty good!

Would you shop here?


Linking up with Apron Thrift Girl.

3 comments:

  1. Great idea! I hope they do well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The incentive for the kids is adorable, my nieces and nephews always want to help with my craft/rselling projects, it really inspires kids to do stuff like this for them. I LOVE the staging in this photo! Adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shopping at home is great. I just did the same thing and grabbed a few popup books off of a shelf at home and took them to the booth. I wish I had saved more toys from the 80's. The suitcase used for display is a wonderful idea.

    ReplyDelete