Mad Maine Vintage Shop

This little blog will chronicle my ventures into selling vintage items in a local antique market.
My booth is called Mad Maine Vintage Shop - it features items inspired by a certain popular TV show,
and I am located in lovely Maine. Viva Vintage!



Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Mugs revisited


These two Taylor & Ng Thanksgiving mugs were among the mugs that sold last month - just 4 months later than expected, but hey, who's counting.  The point is - they sold. 

I have talked about mugs being good sellers for me before, and even though I hardly visited the booth at all this last month due to a ski vacation that led to crutches and then the cat nearly dying twice, I returned to my booth knowing that at least some of my mugs would have sold.  And they had.  Along with a lot of other bigger stuff (which was more unexpected, and which I will talk about soon). 

But, again, the point is that I knew that at least some of the mugs would be gone.  I never spend more than $0.99 on mugs, and I always price them at $5 in my booth.  Not the biggest profit, but a decent ROI (and my antique market does not charge commission).  And since they are in seemingly endless supply at the thrifts, I'll take it. 

Maybe I should open up a sister booth and call it Mad Mug?  Something to ponder. Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Taylor and NG mugs usually sit a while in my shop. They sell, but they take a while. But you are right, they always sell, and what is better than that? Hope your cat is better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a small corner as well and a glass shelf unit dedicated to mugs, so they don't take up too much space - so I can afford to let some of them linger a bit. However, they are proving so popular that I am adding another shelf unit just for my mugs...hm...
      Thank you for the well-wishes for my kitty :-)

      Delete