Mad Maine Vintage Shop

This little blog will chronicle my ventures into selling vintage items in a local antique market.
My booth is called Mad Maine Vintage Shop - it features items inspired by a certain popular TV show,
and I am located in lovely Maine. Viva Vintage!



Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Welcome to the new booth

I finally got all my stuff moved in, and here is the new Mad Maine Vintage Shop.  No, I did not get to paint the walls, fabulize the shelf surfaces or fully cover the old green carpet.  But my vintage treasures are there nonetheless.  I will have to spruce up the place gradually.  And look - I even let go of my recently acquired and beloved typewriter. 




Old school desk, suitcases, and yes, my beloved typewriter



My red Coleman Cooler is still with me, which I really don't mind since it looks so darn good.


I would not mind if this hung around for a while. And while I was there setting up, a lady commented on how the aqua enamel pan hanging on the wall had what looks like a peace sign on it.


A little branding - Mad Maine with some Roly Polies and Georges Briard in front.


Old suitcases makes such good (and colorful) organizing containers. Three of these still have keys.


I just picked up these two vintage thermoses this weekend.  Such a cute pair!


Swans on canvas.  I love having wall space!


Can you tell I love horses?  Especially the vintage kinds. I hope others in this area do too.


Embroidered horses. And wall space!


Every vintage space needs its owls.  Here is the current gang plus a Mexican owl-wanna-be. (By the way, every owl I put out in my previous booth sold).  The owl craze is still kicking in Maine.


Did I mention how much I like having wall space?


More wall space.  And I have sort of grown fond of the vintage Madonna looking out over my booth.


Crazy glaze.  American psychedelic pottery at its finest.


Dainty stuff too.  Supposedly these mirrored trays are big sellers.  We'll see.


This shelf has shaman powers.  Almost every trinket I have put in it has sold.  Let's see how it will do with only mugs. Respect to the shelf.


So there you have it.  I am very excited to start life with my new booth.  And I hope my old one finds a new love and live happily ever after as well.

So, what do you think? Any ideas on how to make the space nicer-looking with my stuff already in place?



Linking up with Apron Thrift Girl since I did manage to find a couple of things this weekend, which ended up in my new booth.

 

10 comments:

  1. Your booth looks great! Very inviting with lots of different stuff, but not cluttered looking. I would totally shop there (and buy all your owls, my daughter would love them!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marci. Owls are always good, until they fly away.

      Delete
  2. It looks so good! I really love the way you have your stuff helping to display other stuff. And your Mad Maine sign is sweet! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Now, if I could only find some of the great Pyrex you find.

      Delete
  3. Your space looks very good, lots of nice things. The tan cat mug on the bottom right is tempting, though I need another mug like I need a hole in the head. Boy, is that a crazy expression and probably dating me. Good luck with the bigger space and the wall space is being put to good use from what I can see. That's a very nice shop and the people have been super nice every time I've gone in.
    I finally took the plunge and am renting a place in Alfred, 3 miles from Sanford. Should we sacrifice something to the thrift gods? Light an old candle?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats on getting a space! That's great - even though it's not at Cliff's, haha. Not sure where Sanford is (South?), but if it is anywhere near Route 1 it will be a good spot. So great to hear you took the plunge too!

      Delete
  4. You nailed it, a little midcentury and horses are sooo "In" now, along with owls. You really know the trends...Congratulations on your new booth!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words, Carol. I am crossing fingers - I am applying the theory of selling stuff I myself like (like you). One of my fellow booth colleagues told me that the most successful booths are the ones where the owners like their own merchandise, not just stuff them full of stuff they think other people will buy. Ok, some things I would not put in MY house, but 70% I definitely would :-)

      Delete
  5. Your space looks great! Owls are pretty hot still here in Missouri too. I usually sell quite a few each month. Hope they stay hot for awhile longer because I just stocked up on them again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great space! Love the horses and owls, but I really love the sad dog picture. It's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete